Wednesday 5 October 2011

Breaking Radio Silence


5th of October,
The 5th of October,
What do you have in store?
An apple, some nuts,
A gust in the wind,
And a cluster of leaves round the door.


Did you like that? I made it up in my teens and have only now found a use for it. And they say hoarding is bad for you. They also say genius is simple, and I am nothing if not simple, ha ha.

Thought I would celebrate being off–air for six months and a day. Things have been a bit chaotic around here. 

Coming next – The Flood. Oh dear yes. 

5 comments:

One Fine Weasel said... [Reply to comment]

Just in time for National Poetry Day! Glad you're back. I'll be back too soon, I hope xxx

Ragged Thread Cartographer said... [Reply to comment]

Ooops - had I known about National Poetry Day I'd never have had the nerve ... another case of synchronicity in my mad life .... but thank you, it's nice to be back !

Jen said... [Reply to comment]

Nice to have you back - I've thought of you often and wondered how everything was going.

It seems a lot of people have been quiet this summer, me included. In fact, it feels as if life has been cancelled, let alone put on hold.

It's sort of nice to know that we're all beavering away at what we laughingly call real life behind the blogging scenes.

Mwah. Happy hoarding!

Jenny Beattie said... [Reply to comment]

Hello. I've been a bad blogger. Even when I've managed to blog myself I've been shocking at visiting others. I'll try and put that right. Nice to see you here again.

Ragged Thread Cartographer said... [Reply to comment]

Jen – thanks for saying hello! I missed your previous blog completely cos my blogreader thing wasn’t working properly and I didn’t realise it.
Jenny – thank you too! I missed a whole summer of yours apparently cos of same thing. Plus I wasn’t on the net more than a few minutes a week.
But yes we have all been busy, except in my case it’s only round in circles….
xx