Monday 31 October 2011

Check-out

I am trying to pay with a card which has sent up some error the cashier’s never seen before. I have just used said card at another counter so I know it’s working. I know there’s plenty of leeway on the account. Being new on the job, the cashier calls for assistance.

I end up surrounded by a zombie, a goth in Dracula clothes and three different hair colours (the supervisor) and a witchy–looking girl in a floor length purple and black dress and long blue hair. 

Hallowe’en at Tesco’s. 

Ain’t life grand.



(I’d forgotten you don’t get cash back on a credit card. So had the cashier. So had everybody except the goth. Perhaps goths are cleverer than zombies and witches. Who knew?....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

our local Tesco is obsessed by dressing up; does it put me into grumpy old women status to not be amused by it... Last Christmas they had a sort of 'non uniform day' the day when you most need to be able to spot the staff, bahhhh humbug

Ragged Thread Cartographer said... [Reply to comment]

Hello uhdd! as for the Christmas idea, I'm right with you on the baahhhh humbug. At least at Hallowe'en it's blatant, who is staff and who not!