Sunday 22 April 2012

Help


Your help is required.

You can provide a necessary part of a vast network of distractions, helping someone in the First World (debatable) digress from the tasks in hand.  Simply by reading this YOU CAN HELP!

By spending just a few minutes of your time in the service of someone else, you are also gaining brownie points which, in the words of one commenter I’ve read and believed, are entirely calorie–free. What can you lose?

If you weren’t there to give this assistance, I wouldn’t be writing this in the first place. I’ve already stuffed my diary to bursting point and can not, in all conscience, feed it any more without being convicted of repetition and indigestion. Interesting and beautiful pictures off the net, thoughts of the day, lists of things to be done later, fascinating articles from maritime blogs around the world, sample images of great fabrics – all very good but MORE is NEEDED!

Since my posts these days are either long lectures or non–existent, your help here would make all the difference. After all, the task in hand today is to clear out the back bedroom, known as the Back Office, full of paperwork needing attention and filing, plants needing to be pruned and fed if not desperate for repotting, packaging material to be sorted (from the move a year ago – yes, I know..) and cardboard boxes to be kept or not, and masses – masses – of general detritus.
 
I know you will feel better for doing this.

Thank you for your time.


You've helped already, because by getting this far I have now run out of ideas to chase around. Back Office, here we go.




2 comments:

Jenny Beattie said... [Reply to comment]

Oh gawd. This has such a horrible resonance.

Go back! Get yourself to the back bedroom NOW!

(Has that helped? Or perhaps a cup of tea and a custard cream would be better?)

Ragged Thread Cartographer said... [Reply to comment]

Yes absolutely helped! So did the coffee and half a chocolate flake. Actually doing it – but when you wrote that I was napping. Oh dear, two hours in and huge weight of sleep descended on me – catching up on being insomniac.
Amazing the stuff I keep finding, lost for months…..