Tuesday 28 September 2010

Those personal ads

Not that I’d know where to find them, other than a big newspaper for a hoot on Valentine’s Day, but mine would be the one with “Has own drain rods.”

Doesn’t everybody have a set ? Think I’m not supposed to be with a man, not living with one anyway.
Have been steadily kitting out my life with everything I could need, and have ever needed, and have actually used, including the rods (septic tank, living in Shetland). Which I left behind with my ex last year in Inverness, and could have used last week. For the blocked drain, obviously. And it's another septic tank. Since I usually live out in the sticks, if not on the edge of a cliff any more, should have seen that one coming. 

And then flue-brush + drain rods = cleaned the chimney. Dead easy. Think the flue-brush got left behind too. Does this mean there’s a man in the offing ? Am I trying to tell myself something I just haven’t grasped yet ?  (May 2010)

Nobody on horizon yet, September 2010. I’m NOT LOOKING. Caring for a 96 year old mother, a neurotic cat and somebody else’s chickens while trying to start a small business is quite enough for now.

I need a boyfriend like a hole in the head.

0 comments: