Monday 7 March 2011

All Will Be Well

After my hissy fit yesterday, I have come to a four-part conclusion.


First is that 'Barbara' is actually just fine and the sooner I get her a telly fixed up, the better. Today. We're going shopping this afternoon anyway for other stuff. We had a long chat last night and I was so much happier after that. Everything I heard was good. All focused on mother and her needs and how to help her more. 

Second is that I am overprotective where my mother's concerned. I still have the notion that no-one else can look after her better than I can. Perhaps I confuse love with care, as absolutes.

Third is that it's early days, and I shouldn't be making judgements so fast.

Fourth is 'Barbara' was probably only doing what any experienced live-in carer would do - and has probably been trained to do - sort out the ground rules at the start. Unlike me who would bumble along in a meandering fashion and swallow my comments rather than force confrontation of any kind. I tend to vote with my feet rather than stand around arguing.

Perhaps the objective view would fall halfway between my reaction yesterday and my attitude today. I have no idea, just yet.

But All Will Be Well.

0 comments: