Sunday 12 December 2010

Brief memory

Something in the haze of today's early morning reminded me.

I was living in Shetland and at long last getting some sensible treatment for the injured spine. My hospital physio, Mike, was excellent. He lived not far from me at the south end of the 'mainland'. It's often the case there that you recognise people while you're driving around, so it's customary and expected to acknowledge them - a wave or a quick peep on the horn, whatever.

Lying on the padded table in my lunch hour, ready for manipulation, I heard Mike say "You must have been in a rare old hurry to get to work this morning".
"Why? Did I not see you?"  I was mortified. He must have been out jogging early, as usual, and I'd been too preoccupied to notice. "I'm so sorry."
"No", he said. "You've got your knickers on inside out." 

0 comments: