Saturday 4 December 2010

Smidgeon of the week

It's been a weird and difficult week. Not going to blab on about it just now but the best bit was the huge snow which I could enjoy because a) I adore snow and b) I had tons of food and everything all loaded in, and didn't run out of oil. Yet. (Last delivery didn't make it in time.) Coal has gone, and sawdust 'heatlogs' are on rations. One fire's worth, I think. Amazing how a deep cold can overcome really hot radiators. On Monday night I drove the car up the steep access drive and parked it in the little field next to the main 'A' road above me. This is a clever trick we in the dell use every winter. Then they closed the road and that was that. It reopened yesterday but I didn't have the energy to go out.

Except I didn't enjoy the snow. And this is a girl who frequently uses the word in passwords and usernames and what all. (But had better change them now I've said that.) (Come to think of it, none of them say snow at the moment except my twitter name which I haven't used yet. God I'm waffly today.) So I'm the one who jumps up and down like a kid at the sight of a few flakes, but I almost couldn't have cared less. What a state. Something is not right. Could be to do with the weird week it's been, obviously. Not rocket science, is it?

Today's big question is Will She Get the Car Out and To The Shops?
Going to tramp up the hill and take my spade, and rubber car mats to put under the wheels etc. I have just about run out of bird and hen food and my rice milk. Black and green (and white) teas are great but black coffee is not. And if I can find a couple of bags of coal I'll be very happy.
 
Meanwhile here's a bad photo of the view from the kitchen on Wednesday 1st, complete with desperate pheasant and hesitant bluetit -

0 comments: