Sunday 31 October 2010

Current mathematical state of affairs

@ 1 pm GMT
Empty wine glasses by bed  9 – astonishing, even by my standards. Am sure some invisible person is sharing house.
Clean wine glasses in cupboard  0
Empty cups various locations  4
Pheasants in garden  2
Number of times my mother’s right slipper has fallen off under table  3
Hours behind schedule  3
Number of times I've given my mother breakfast and forgotten to put in the weetabix  1
Cups of coffee by lunchtime  4
Number of times I've gone upstairs and forgotten what for  2
Rabbits in garden  1 – something wrong with this. No such thing as one rabbit.
Number of times mother’s asked me what time it is  4
Number of times mother’s asked me what day it is  0  –  amazingly
Number of times I’ve lifted empty coffee cup to drink it  3
Sightings of Ratty today  0 1
Number of sherries my mother's had already  2  3 so have to make lunch really soon but we did get up very late
Number of times I've gone to clean Chocolate’s litter tray but been mysteriously diverted to another task  4
Number of times I’ve wondered whether we should go to mother’s tomorrow morning instead of tonight  52 and counting, but we can’t because her tarmac’s being done tomorrow and we won’t get in. Would have to be Wednesday. Hmmm. Having a Think.

0 comments: