Tuesday 5 October 2010

Got no brain today

Got bored with washing up and came back to computer, helpless as a fly to gumpaper and next door’s cat to my chickens (Not My Chickens - later maybe). Good job I’m not on Twitter. The house would begin to smell.  Actually am on Twitter but don’t dare use it. Like someone eyeing up serious drugs, think would be a good thing never to start. Am also put off by having to do bloody tweets, like the Birdie Song. 

Despite lots of erudite contributors proving the opposite, that you can Twitter on and still get the housework done. Or your job.  I only joined because Stephen Fry was on it. And despite delightedly following other people's Twitter feed if it pops up. And despite it being an incredible Did You See? Just Now This Second? news feed (like the plane landing on the Hudson River) and a fair representation of the Zeitgeist. Everybody's at it - Classic FM, people at the Ryder Cup, you name it. And that was just on lunchtime radio. I'm not actually following it.

Yet can’t bring myself to uninstall me, cos you never know. Might need it in a hurry. 

Did I hear somebody say "Tweets? Get over it. We had to."    Oh, OK then! 


Now then, all the empty coffee cups have congregated around the computer, and all the empty wine glasses have migrated to my bedside (it's taken them all a week to get upstairs), so there's only one thing for it. I'll just have to go for a nap.

0 comments: